ETHICAL PROCUREMENT POLICY
Menard UK Ltd is a specialist geotechnical contractors carrying out ground investigation, foundation, and specialist geotechnical work for the construction industry. BSHEL operates its business with integrity, in a responsible and sustainable manner, striving for strong Supplier relationships built on a foundation of trust, shared values and transparency to help drive and improve performance.
BSHEL expects employees to treat suppliers with fairness, respect and to work jointly in building trust to enable collaborative and constructive working relationships. In return BSHEL expect suppliers to honour the same principles.
The supplier code of conduct details what BSHEL expects from the supply chain, it acts in a reciprocal way in respect of suppliers and sets out the behaviours expected, including fair access to opportunities for all suppliers and equal treatment throughout the selection process.
The Procurement team at BSHEL have all pledged to follow the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply code of conduct and are required to uphold this code and to seek commitment to it by all the parties they engage with in their professional practice.
BSHEL Procurement team will also:
- Not use supplier information for personal profit.
- Record any gifts offered to them by suppliers in accordance with BSMS’s Anti Bribery Statement.
- Regularly get audited by internal and external parties.
- Under no circumstances make political contributions.
- Not engage with organisations which use modern day slavery, child labour, forced labour or which discriminate on any grounds.
- Not tolerate corruption in any form.
- Not use the exertion of undue power or influence.
- Uphold the principles of the United Nations Charter.
- Only procure timber from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and/or Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) approved sources.
- Where feasible procure products, which can be demonstrated to comply with a recognised responsible sourcing scheme, certified by a third party.
- Work with Concrete suppliers that hold ISO 14001 and where possible BSHEL will specify and procure low or ultra-low carbon concretes containing such products as ground-granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS) and fly ash (FA) and recycled or secondary aggregates.
- Work with Reinforcement suppliers who hold CARES sustainability and/or ECO reinforcement.
- Continually seek alternative materials incorporating higher proportions of recycled materials.
- Promote where viable the use of energy efficient plant, equipment, and materials.
- Ensure that whatever service or material is being purchased, that it will be legal, ethical and in accordance with the specification.
- Where viable use small medium enterprises based close to worksites.